Update: Apple released another update to the iOS 9 ( iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 ) on 9th of September Along with the other Mac operating systems, Apple decided to release another operating system update to iOS devices. Like the El Capitan, this is not officially released to the public. But can access the features through the Apple beta software program.
This is all what you need to know If you are going to update your iPhone to the iOS9
First thing first,
- You need to have Apple ID If you don’t have Apple ID, You can easily create a one from here.
- Archive an iOS backup with iTunes – You are about to install a pre-release operating system. It is always advisory to backup the content. In case, If anything goes wrong, You will be able to restore the backup easily.
Righto, If you are done with above two steps. It’s the time to update.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile web site from your iOS device and download the configuration profile. On screen installation guide will be there till you download the configuration profile.
- Tap Settings -> General -> Software Update to install the available beta software ( iOS devices running iOS 8.1.X or later will automatically receive the latest public beta )
- Tap on the Download button to download the iOS 9 Public Beta iOS 9 file size is around 1.2 GB, So it will take some time download
- Once it downloaded, agree to the Terms and Conditions and continue to install the iOS 9
- Installation will verify the update and will start to install.
- Device will be turn off for few time and it would take around 10 minutes to complete the full installation.
Then you are good to go with iOS 9