Pair Testing for Mobile Projects
Recently when I was researching to find an effective way to do pair testing with developers, this little hidden feature in QuickTime grabbed my attention. Pair testing is little bit difficult for mobile projects – especially when you are working with an on-site team.
This particular feature on QuickTime will enable to demonstrate your mobile screen to anyone. It may come in handy If you want to demo a feature / explain a bug to a developer.
This how you can do this!
- iPhone / iPad running on iOS 8 with lightning cable
- Mac running on OS X 10.10 – Yosemite
How to record screen
- Connect the device to Mac via USB.
- Open QuickTime Player on Mac
- Select File -> New Movie Recording
- By default QuickTime will select the face-camera. Click on the arrow alongside the record button to select the device
- Click on the record button & you are done!
If you can share your screen via any good screen share service, Developer would be able to see the stuffs you are doing on your device screen and that would make everyone’s life more easier.