Working with a Mac OS – 1
Note – I’m using Yosemite OS and Mavericks OS to perform all these tasks.
Taking a screenshot
This is not Windows OS. So obviously, ALT + Print Screen combination won’t work, In fact there are no Print Screen button available in Mac keyboards. But Mac keyboard has a unique key just as in Windows keyboards, that is Command key – with a symbol of bowan knot, which can be use to take screenshots.
In order to take a screenshot,
- Press Command Key + Shift Key + 3 ( Number 3 on the keyboard ) at once.
Screenshot will be saved to desktop automatically.
- Taking a screenshot on a specific place.
As a testers, Most of times we need to take a screenshot of certain places on the screen. ( Example is where UI elements are not properly aligned on a web page ) You can achieve that task by following below method,
- Press Command Key + Shift Key + 4 ( Number 4 on the keyboard ) at once.
- You’ll see that the mouse pointer turns to icon which looks like a ‘target’.
- Take the mouse pointer to the specific place where you want to get the screenshot.
- Just like using the crop functionality in Windows- Paint, crop the area you wanted to take.
Cropped area will be saved to desktop automatically.